Universal will release movies at home and in theaters at the same time
- Universal announced that brand new movies starting with Trolls World Tour will launch in cinemas and on streaming services on the same day.
- ”Day-and-Date” release will continue through the coronavirus pandemic, allowing users to watch the newest attractions from the comfort of their own home.
- Other recently released titles will be included in the offer, which each title to cost $19.99 for a 48-hour streaming period. The service will be available from various on-demand partners in the USA and internationally.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
The coronavirus pandemic is very serious if it wasn’t clear by now, and simple measures like social distancing and hands washing can significantly limit the exposure to the new virus. But you don’t have to be miserable if you’re staying home given how much entertainment is available at your fingertips. There’s a variety of streaming services, including music, video, and gaming, to keep you entertained, and you can buy books and magazines as well. And, as annoying as the COVID-19 crisis might be, staying home will get even better for movie fans. Universal has just announced that it’s ready to release brand new movies in theaters (which will be mostly closed) and at home on the same day.
Today's Top Deals
- Today’s best deals: $199 Dyson killer, home gym blowout, AirPods Pro, Echo Show, Roku, crazy new wireless charger, more
- The $350 cordless vacuum that left Dyson dead to me is down to $199
- Crazy wireless charger that charges even after you pick up your phone got its first discount
Trending Right Now:
- iOS 14 leak reveals a new iPhone 9 model we weren’t expecting
- This brilliant iPhone trick might help you fight the coronavirus infection
- Coronavirus infection may be worsened by a common household drug
Universal will release movies at home and in theaters at the same time originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 07:31:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.