This UK photographer uses FaceTime to keep taking portraits while everyone is quarantined
- One UK wedding and portrait photographer has found a way to keep his business going during the coronavirus pandemic and still take peoples' photos in spite of widespread quarantines.
- His solution: FaceTime, which allows him to direct subjects from afar, take a screen capture, and then using his tools to edit the result.
- Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.
UK-based wedding and portrait photographer Tim Dunk didn't know what he would do at first, when the coronavirus outbreak exploded across Europe and necessitated widespread business closures and quarantine orders. How do you keep taking peoples' photos when you're not, ah, allowed to be anywhere near them?
Instead of panicking, though, he began toying with an idea. Maybe there was a way to keep going after all -- a creative solution that would let him ride out the pandemic until things get back to normal. Turns out, the answer was right in front of him, via his iPhone: FaceTime. "I started to think around ways I could effectively make portraits of my friends, and keep my brain stimulated," Dunk (@tim_dunk, on Instagram) told BGR. "I put a shout out to some friends to see if anyone was up for trying to use the fairly basic imaging capabilities of FaceTime, initially just as a fun experiment, and a way of collaborating with my creative mates around the world."
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: Massive Kindle book sale, best AirPods Pro deal, $5 wireless charger, more
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: AirPods Pro, $5 wireless charger, $20 AirPods rivals, Echo blowout, more
- The 5 best-selling electronics devices on Amazon’s entire site
Trending Right Now:
- The coronavirus pandemic has cleaned up the air on the East Coast
- Smoking weed puts you at greater risk during the coronavirus crisis
- A coronavirus vaccine could be ready this fall, according to British scientists
This UK photographer uses FaceTime to keep taking portraits while everyone is quarantined originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 10:34:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.