Sony’s secret new Marvel movie might be based on Madame Web
- Sony is reportedly working on a female-driven Marvel movie with TV director S.J. Clarkson.
- The character the movie will be based on is still unconfirmed, but rumors suggest Sony's first female-centric superhero movie will center around Spider-Man comic book character Madame Web.
- Clarkson has previously directed episodes of Jessica Jones and The Defenders for Marvel TV.
- Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.
Before the novel coronavirus pandemic brought Hollywood to a screeching halt, one of the more intriguing storylines for fans of comic book films was the future of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (SPUMC). Sony made it clear that Spider-Man wasn't long for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Venom was the beginning of the studio's renewed dedication to bringing the characters whose rights it controlled to the silver screen.
Both Morbius and a sequel to Venom had been confirmed prior to the pandemic, but on Wednesday, a Variety report revealed that another movie is currently in the works, and TV director S.J. Clarkson has been chosen to develop the secret project. All we know is that the movie will focus on a female character -- a first for the SPUMC.
Today's Top Deals
- Today’s best deals: KN95 face masks, Fire TV blowout, 25% off protein bars, $9 wireless charger, Hunter rain boots, more
- Today’s top deals: Coronavirus face masks, toilet paper, protein bars, $20 Bluetooth earbuds, $18 Wi-Fi extender, more
- Get earphones with wireless charging that sound better than AirPods for $37
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s why more stimulus checks likely aren’t coming anytime soon
- CDC: Coronavirus ‘does not spread easily’ from contaminated surfaces
- NASA will pay you to spend 8 months locked in a Mars simulation
Sony’s secret new Marvel movie might be based on Madame Web originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 May 2020 at 22:12:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.