Sony delayed ‘Spider-Man 3,’ forcing more MCU Phase 4 moves
- Sony pushed back the launch of Spider-Man 3 by a few months, forcing Disney to make a few changes to other Phase 4 premiere dates.
- As a result of the coronavirus-related reshuffle, Thor 4 will launch a week earlier, and Doctor Strange 2 will premiere in late March 2022.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is now the last film in Marvel’s Phase 4, a spot that was once reserved to Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
It seemed unfathomable a few months ago when the first reports from China detailed pneumonia of unknown origin, but the novel coronavirus turned into a full-blown pandemic that shut down life as we knew it. The entire world went into hiding, trying to stay away from an invisible, highly infectious microorganism. And every activity that involved gatherings of people came to a halt. Schools closed. Sporting events were delayed around the world, and theaters and cinemas shut their doors. Millions of people lost their jobs, while others were instructed to work from home.
Of course, this also affected the entertainment industry, as studios were forced to close up shop on various productions. Studios postponed the releases of their most significant blockbusters of the year, movies that are expected to make hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office. Black Widow, which was initially due on May 1st, was delayed by six months, and this forced Disney to push back every other MCU Phase 4 film, except for one: Spider-Man 3.
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deep discounts on Amazon devices
- Where to buy face masks online for coronavirus
- Today’s best deals: Face masks back in stock, $9 wireless charger, $37 headphones, $18 Wi-Fi extender, $199 Nest, more
Trending Right Now:
- Promising coronavirus vaccine could be ready by September
- Best Buy has so many limited-time deals today – here are the 10 best ones
- Waiting for your stimulus check? Here’s when it might finally arrive
Sony delayed ‘Spider-Man 3,’ forcing more MCU Phase 4 moves originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 22:11:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.