It looks like Apple is about to launch the iPhone 9
- Apple’s iPhone 9 might launch as soon as this week, according to an accessory leak from Best Buy.
- Retailers that received purported iPhone 9 protective gear were instructed not to inventory them until April 5th.
- The iPhone 9 is supposed to be an affordable iPhone, featuring the iPhone 11’s fast processor and the iPhone 8’s design.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Apple just unveiled a few new products, including the iPad Pro and new MacBook Air, but the first quarter of 2020 should also have brought us an exciting new iPhone. That was before the novel coronavirus ended normal life in the US and almost everywhere else in the world. The COVID-19 pandemic forced Apple to cancel a late-March press event, according to some reports. Apple never announced the press conference in the first place, so it never had to publicly acknowledge the cancelation. The same reports also said that the iPhone 9 (iPhone SE 2) would be postponed to summer or later, as Apple was evaluating the situation. That wasn’t because of a lack of iPhone 9 stock, but because of the state of the world. The smartphone business also took a serious hit in the first quarter, just like many other businesses that were affected by the coronavirus. But Apple might be getting ready to launch the new iPhone nonetheless.
Today's Top Deals
- These $42 earbuds sound better than AirPods and have twice the battery life
- Today’s best deals: $9 wireless charger, Fire TV Stick deals, UV phone sanitizers, $20 home camera, Fitbit sale, more
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: Secret Fire TV sale, Fitbit sale, UV phone sanitizer, Anker deals, more
Trending Right Now:
- A cat just tested positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus update: Here’s an estimate of when the worst will hit your state
- Best Buy has not one, but 10 special deals of the day today
It looks like Apple is about to launch the iPhone 9 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 07:31:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.