Google Maps listings will display ‘temporarily closed’ warning during coronavirus outbreak
- Google Maps now lets business owners update their listings with ‘temporarily closed’ warnings.
- The feature can be very helpful when planning trips to stores during the coronavirus outbreak, as it’ll let people know if some of their favorite places are closed during lockdowns and quarantines.
- Similar listings may also be displayed inside Search and Maps for other locations, as Google is also using data from governments and other sources to update opening hours for various businesses.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
You may be going insane from the prolonged isolation, but staying safe indoors is a lot better than having to deal with the unpredictable novel coronavirus infection. COVID-19 kills predominantly men and especially old people who have one or multiple health conditions. But we're seeing plenty of reports detailing unexpected deaths from other age categories. Even those who will eventually recover might experience more severe phases of the illness before their immune system prevails. Staying home is the best thing you can do to keep yourself everyone else safe. If you have to go out, you should plan ahead every trip so that you're as efficient and reliable as possible. Make shopping lists for groceries and essentials, use hand sanitizers while you're out, and wear masks if and when you can. Before you leave your home, you might want to check with Google Maps, too, as the app can give you detailed information about the stores you were planning on hitting. The app rolled out additional features a few weeks ago to allow business owners to edit their listings in light of the imminent coronavirus outbreak. And now, the app will tell you if a store is temporarily closed.
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon has 9 new exclusive deals only for Prime members
- Today’s best deals: Hidden Fire TV Stick sale, Prime-exclusive deals, AirPods 2 all-time low, $9 wireless charger, more
- How to make your own DIY medical face mask for coronavirus
Trending Right Now:
- Don’t expect your coronavirus stimulus check from the Trump administration until May
- Spring breaker who boasted ‘if I get corona, I get corona’ realizes he’s an idiot
- Best Buy’s 1-day sale has some crazy deals – here are the 10 best ones
Google Maps listings will display ‘temporarily closed’ warning during coronavirus outbreak originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 07:31:24 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.