Apple’s AirPower is reportedly coming back from the dead
- Apple's new releases for the rest of 2020 include new iPhones and the launch of a new generation of Apple's mobile operating software, iOS 14.
- Meanwhile, another rumor has surfaced that speculates an Apple product we thought was dead -- the AirPower wireless charging mat -- may actually be back on, after all.
- Leaker Jon Prosser has tweeted that Apple is working on a new version of the mat internally, though it's still not clear at this point if it will get an official release (or even carry the AirPower name).
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Almost a year to the day after Apple confirmed that its AirPower wireless charging mat project is officially dead, following a number of technical hurdles the company grappled with that ultimately proved insurmountable, leaker and YouTuber Jon Prosser claims that the project appears to be back on track internally.
"AirPower isn't dead" he reported in a tweet over the weekend, adding that prototyping is underway now and that while there's no guarantee Apple will succeed this time and actually release it, the company's engineers "haven't given up yet and they're trying to re-engineer the coils to displace heat more effectively."
Today's Top Deals
- 7 exclusive limited-time deals only Amazon Prime members can get
- Today’s best deals: Big Prime-exclusive sale, $24 Roku, $25 earbuds, $8 wireless charger, foam mattress toppers, more
- Surprise sale: AirPods 2 fall to Amazon’s lowest price, AirPods Pro back in stock
Trending Right Now:
- Spring breakers who refused to stop partying now have coronavirus
- This scary website estimates when the coronavirus will overwhelm your state’s hospitals
- The early coronavirus infection warning sign you should look out for
Apple’s AirPower is reportedly coming back from the dead originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 20:07:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.