Amazon’s blowing out Fire tablets at 2020’s lowest prices
- With the spread of the novel coronavirus picking up pace dramatically in the United States, Amazon has temporarily stopped shipping most nonessential items.
- The retailer will continue to deliver some nonessential goods though, and it will also continue to offer special deals to Prime members.
- Among the top deals available on Monday are deep discounts that slash Amazon's popular Fire tablets to the lowest prices of the year so far.
- Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.
Several of the hardest-hit states in the US have now issued orders requiring people to "shelter in place" and stay home unless they absolutely must go out. Health care workers and other people with essential jobs can still go to work, of course, and people can still go out for things like food and medicine. But the only way to slow and eventually stop the spread of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is to stay away from each other as much as possible, and even people in areas that haven't been hit that hard would be smart to stay home as much as possible.
Amazon is doing its part in all this by temporarily shifting the focus of its business. The company will stop restocking nonessential items for the next few weeks and focus on delivering essentials like food and medical supplies. The nation's top online retailer will still offer some deals on nonessential items though, and on Monday it kicked off a sale that will definitely help people pass the time while in quarantine.
If your main concern while self-quarantining is to catch up on some reading, you'll be happy to know that both the Kindle and waterproof Kindle Paperwhite are on sale today with discounts up to $35. They're obviously the best eBook readers out there and they have no close competition, so now is the perfect time to buy one. But if you would rather get a device that lets you read eBooks and do so much more like play games and watch streaming movies and shows, there are some other deals you need to check out. There is one catch though: These three deals are only available to Amazon Prime members.
First up, the Fire 7 Tablet that normally costs $50 is on sale today for just $39.99. There's simply no tablet out there that offers a user experience this good for anywhere close to that price. You get access to every app and game you can imagine, plus all of the streaming movie and TV show services you might subscribe to. All that for just $40!
If you're willing to spend a tiny bit more money, the $80 Fire HD 8 Tablet is down to just $49.99 today. That's only $10 more than the entry-level tablet, and you get a high-definition display that's so much better than the one on the Fire 7.
Last and most certainly not least, the flagship Fire HD 10 Tablet that normally costs $150 is on sale today for Prime subscribers for just $99.99. You get the same great software and all the same apps as you would on the smaller tablets, but it's more powerful and it has a nice big 10.1-inch screen with beautiful 1080p resolution.
More of today's top deals
SoundPEATS True Wireless Earbuds 5.0 Bluetooth Headphones in-Ear Stereo Wireless Earphones with…: $24.74 (use code LL9RBERN)
Sony Wireless Headphones: $99.99
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: DIY face mask supplies, $23 Fire TV Stick, 99¢ Kindle best-sellers, more
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: $23 Fire TV Stick, 4K home theater projector, Bose blowout, more
- Bundling Stadia with Verizon Fios is a gamer’s delight
Trending Right Now:
- If you lost your job because of the coronavirus, Jeff Bezos wants you to apply at Amazon
- With millions forced to work at home, these makeshift home office photos are hilarious
- Since you can’t leave home right now, ‘tour’ these 5 world museums right from your couch
Amazon’s blowing out Fire tablets at 2020’s lowest prices originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 07:54:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.