7 Best Hot Glue Guns [2020 Review]
Whether youre an upholsterer or a woodworker or someone who is into arts and crafts, you know that hot glue guns are some of the most indispensable tools in your workshop.
Hot glue guns are versatile tools that can bond just about any material you can think of, from leather to wood to paper to fabric. It can even bond materials like ceramic and glass. Its indispensable when it comes to remodeling projects, too. Whether you have a kitchen, bathroom, or basement project, youre bound to run into a task that will require a hot glue gun.
But the last hot glue gun you purchased from your favorite arts and crafts store has finally given up on you after months of heavy use. Youre looking for the best hot glue gun on the market, but you dont want anything ordinary. A regular hot glue gun just wont do especially if youre a professional who uses it every day.
In this article, weve assembled the best hot glue guns that are available online. Lets check them out.
- 3-5 MINUTES FAST HEAT UP: Upgraded ccbetter hot glue gun heats up in 3-5 minutes. Its smart temperature control design enables it to remain constant temperature. It bonds immediately and cools to the touch super quickly, thus being ideal for home use.
- ANTI-HOT COVER & SAFE POWER SWITCH: Secure power switch with LED light mode makes the glue gun extremely user-friendly. Removable ABS anti-hot cover can well protect your hands from the heat. Flexible support can keep it stable and upright, allowing you to use it in any angle.
- TRIGGER PROPULSION DEVICESUPERIOR NOZZLE: Its trigger propulsion can have a well control of the glue flow, helping you save a lot of glue sticks. With superior and insulated nozzle, the glue gun will not be deformed even after long-term use under 500of high temperature.
- MULTI-PURPOSE & 30PCS FREE GLUE STICKS: Coming with 30pcs environmental-friendly and strong-adhesive glue sticks, the gun can well protect your health and items. It is perfect for home, office and school DIY crafts like metal, wood, glass, card, fabric, plastic, ceramics etc.
- FRIENDLY and FAST CUSTOMER SERVICE: Giving top priority to customers and the product quality, If you have any problems, pls contact us immediately, we will try our best to help you ASAP.
- Show Your DIY Talent : Cobiz believe "everyone is the DIY talent in life". This heavty duty c hot glue gun allows to show your DIY talent easily. Let your creativity flow, have your glue gun shipped
- Rapid Heating +Unique Dual Power 60/100W: Featured with german ceramic PTC thermal heating system to ensure 1-3 min fast preheating; Unique dual power design make it universal for arts and crafts jobs
- Full Size (not mini) +A quality: Ergonomic design and suitable size make it comfortable to handle . Made with high quality plastic engineered to sustain high pressure and temperature without deforming
- Safe and Efficient: Cobiz heavy duty glue gun has inbuilt safety features and fuse that prevent overheating to make it extremely safe to use.
- 10pc Premium Sticks : Say BIG NO to the sub-standard glue sticks and unsatisfied jobs. Selecting from 20 type of sticks to ensure its viscoelasticity and soundness.Fits well for 0.43'' (D)*8" (L)
- FAST HEAT UP GLUE GUN: The Blusmart hot glue gun has a very fast 3-5 minute warm up time and enough power to handle wide range of applications, from home repairs to decorating ideas. The smart temperature control offers excellent performance and perfect output.
- SECURE POWER SWITCH & MATERIALS : The innovative power switch features LED indicator and secure design to create user-friendly operation with high-level safety standard. The fine-quality glue gun is made up with fire-retardant materials, protecting your hands from burns with ease.
- UNIQUE APPEARANCE, PERSONALIZED DTAILS: Flexible stand fulfills daily demands of DIY arts, holding in your hand or leaving it standing on your table as desired. The unique look makes the mini glue gun stand out from competitors on Amazon.
- ACCURATE TRIGGER PROPULSION & NOZZLE CONTROL: Its trigger propulsion brings an accurate control of the melted glue flow for decreasing glue waste, while the premium insulated nozzle reduces deformation of the glue gun even for long period of use under extremely high temperature.
- FAST CUSTOMER SERVIC&FREE GLUE STICKS: The full kit comes with 30pcs environmental-friendly, strong-adhesive glue sticks (5.2 x 0.28). Please feel free to contact us if you have any further problem or need any help.
- MAXIMUM CONTROL: The trigger of this glue gun is large enough to support two fingers, giving you full control over the glue stream to suit the needs of the job at hand
- SAFETY INDICATORS: You can tell when the tool is active or not with the useful LED indicator light. This way, you can keep you and your peers from getting burned on the job
- LONG RUN TIME: With a 4 amp hour battery, this tool can run for up to three and a half hours straight without the need of recharging
- COMFORTABLE, ERGONOMIC GRIP: The micro hex texture rubber grips found on other Ryobi products are found on this glue gun as well. With this grip, you can keep a firm hold on the tool and maneuver it with precision, even in slippery conditions
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool works with Ryobis 18V lithium ion and NiCad batteries. Compatible models include, but are not limited to, the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- Rapid Heating & Constant TemperatureThe hot glue gun equipped with high-quality heating film which can instantly heat up to the max temperature 400F within 3-5 minutes and maintain constant temperature automatically when it reaches certain temp to prevent the overheating.
- Safety & Leak-proof Glue DesignThe safety power switch ON/OFF, LED indicator and anti-hot cover can provide complete protection for you during operation. The cordless hot glue gun applied with leak-proof glue design for having a well control of the glue flow for decreasing glue waste.
- User-Friendly & PortableThe ergonomic rubber handle and trigger design greatly reduce hand fatigue and make the hot melt glue gun simple to use. And the flexible stand helps to free your hands and work more comfortable.
- Strong Adhesiveness & Widely ApplicationThe cordless glue gun comes with 10pcs environmental-friendly glue sticks(0.28''x4''), strong adhesive and high purity which can be used for wood, cardboard, fabric, plastic, glass, metal, stone, ceramic, lace, cotton or festival decorations, etc.
- Premium Quality & 100% GuaranteeThe mini hot glue gun made with high-quality plastic and has safety approvals such as UL certification. Our glue gun includes 30 days money-back, 12-month quality warranty and 24-hours customer service.
- VERSATILE 60 watt: The primary setting for the majority of your projects including arts/crafts, decorations, dioramas, upholstery, and most general use cases. 100 watt: A higher flow setting best used for heavier duty projects where lots of glue is needed. Works well when you need to dump a lot of glue on thick cardboard, wood bonding or during certain home repair patch jobs!
- FAST PREHEAT TIME Heats up super fast (3-5 minutes) so you can get right to gluing what you need, when you need it!
- FRUSTRATION FREE PACKAGING Ships in a white cardboard box that can double as a place to keep everything together when your project is done.
- SAFETY FIRST This glue gun comes with an internal safety fuse that will automatically shut off the glue gun if it gets too hot. The nozzle is outfitted with a pressure valve to prevent glue from constantly running.
- EXCELLENT VALUE Longer cord, longer precision fine tip nozzle, sturdy stand, classic trigger, and 12 hot melt glue sticks all wrapped up on one package! Imagine how much you could get done with this tool. It gets the job done right. Secure yours now!
- STAND-UP BASE - Our coolest feature! If youre an experienced crafter, you know that hot glue guns constantly fall over. Not with ours! Our patented Stand-Up Base keeps our hot melt glue gun upright and ready for action. No more taking your eyes off your work while fumbling to pick up your glue gun. Crafters LOVE our stand-up base. Once you try it, youll never go back! Complete kit includes hot glue gun with glue sticks (10 pcs full size 7/16)
- NO DRIPS - Many hot glue guns have poorly designed heating chambers, resulting in constant dripping between uses & a huge mess. Not with ours! We took the time & spent the money to develop a professional quality high temp hot glue gun that does NOT drip between uses. So say goodbye to wasted glue & hello to a clean workshop with the top heavy duty full size hot glue gun kit recommended by crafters & DIY-lovers everywhere
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Everyone says top quality! but only Chandler Tool backs it up with a LIFETIME warranty. And while some competitors offer a 30-day or 1-year warranty, good luck getting them to honor it. If you ever receive a defective product from Chandler Tool, just message us and well replace it free of charge. Today, tomorrow, or ten years from now
- UL-CERTIFIED - Be careful! Poor-quality glue guns are both a fire hazard & an electrical shock hazard! Most generic hot glue guns are NOT manufactured to North American safety standards & are NOT safety certified. Underwriters Laboratories UL is the industry standard for North American safety certification. UL Certification aint cheap, but were proud to say we wont sell a hot melt gun without it
- AMERICAN BRAND - Tired of buying poor-quality throwaway products from overseas sellers who dont care about their customers? Chandler Tool is a good ol American brand, located right here in the greatest country on Earth - the United States of America. Though many of our tools are manufactured overseas, our company is located in America, we employ Americans & we pay American taxes, just like you
Glue Guns 101
Hot glue guns, also known as hot-melt adhesives, are some of the ubiquitous tools on the planet. In fact, it is something a teenager working on a flower wreath she will wear at a music festival and a gruff woodworker can agree on. Despite its ubiquity, few of us ever pay attention to whats inside a glue gun and how it works. Its not exactly rocket science, but still, its fascinating.
Glue guns are pretty simple tools. The handle encloses the glue gun wiring. It has a trigger propulsion device that you have to pull to release the melted glue.
The glue stick is fed into the glue guns inlet, and it is melted by the hot melt aluminum barrel or heating element once you pull the trigger. The molten glue is released through the nozzle and onto wood, plastic, fabric, or any other surface that you are working on.
The Three Types of Hot Glue Guns
Low-Temperature Glue Guns
Low-temperature glue guns can reach up to 250F to melt the glue stick. The temperature is hot enough to adhere to different types of materials, such as fabric, plastics, foam, and more. Because its temperature is relatively low, this type of hot glue gun is ideal for sensitive materials (lace, ribbons, etc.).
If youre into arts and crafts or you just want a reliable hot glue gun for occasional DIY and minor household projects, then this is the ideal hot glue gun for you. It is generally considered safer than its high-temperature counterparts, and it is the ideal glue gun to use if kids are around while youre working.
High-Temperature Glue Guns
High-temperature glue guns are ideal for gluing heavier materials, including wood, ceramic, glass, and more. It is capable of melting glue at 380F, hence its name. If youre a hobbyist who works on ceramic or glass or a tradesman who frequently works with wood and other heavier materials, then this is the ideal glue gun for you.
It is harder to find high-temperature glue guns in the market. Children are also forbidden from using high-temperature glue guns as the risk of burns is higher.
Dual-Temperature Glue Guns
If you want the best of both worlds, then a dual temperature glue gun might just be the thing for you. As the name suggests, this type of glue gun can easily switch from low temperature to high temperature.
The temperature and the amount of glue are easier to control thanks to the built-in switch. Dual-temperature hot glue guns are typically more expensive than the first two types of glue guns.
When Buying Hot Glue Guns
1. The perfect hot glue gun depends on the project youre working on. If youre going to use a glue gun for bonding ceramics, glass, metal, or wood in commercial applications, then a high-temperature hot glue gun that leans on the industrial side is ideal. But if youre a hobbyist or someone who occasionally dabbles in minor household projects or arts and crafts, then a low-temperature hot glue gun will suffice.
2. Factor in size and portability when buying a hot glue gun. If you need to bond tiny beads or you need the nozzle to get into tight spaces, then get a small and compact hot glue gun.
3. Glue guns are available in different wattage. You can choose from 15W, 20W, 25W, 60W, and 100W. Some heavy-duty hot glue guns can even go as high as 120W, 125W, and 220W. On average, the heating element can melt a glue stick 3 to 5 minutes after youve plugged it in an electrical outlet or turned the switch on. So when choosing a hot glue gun, the rule of thumb is the higher the wattage, the quicker it will heat up. But dont worry. There are many reliable and high-quality glue guns in the market that are in the 60W and 100W range.
4. Consider getting a corded hot glue gun if youre going to work indoors or you have access to an electrical outlet or an extension cord. But choose a battery-powered glue gun if youre working outdoors or if the job site does not have electricity yet. If youre going to buy a corded hot glue gun, make sure that the cord length is adequate. You dont want to move a heavy desk across the room or have to get an extension cord every time you work because the cord of your hot glue gun is too short.
5. Check the tools stand (a piece of thin metal in front of the glue gun) before buying one. The nozzle should be as far away as possible from the surface to prevent it from burning or dripping melted glue onto the table youre working on.
Some Safety Tips When Using Glue Guns
- Protect your work surface from molten glue by placing a sheet of paper or silicone underneath the hot glue gun.
- Make sure that the nozzle has cooled before touching it.
- Do not allow children to use hot glue guns without adult supervision. Do not let them play with it.
Check out this page for more safety tips when using a hot glue gun.
On the lighter side, check out this video for some cool things you can do with a hot glue gun.
- This is a large hot glue gun that is ideal for arts and crafts, household projects, and even commercial projects.
- It has a safety switch and an LED light. You dont have to pull it from the plug to prevent the glue from melting and dripping onto your table every time you need to do something else. Just press the safety switch off and youre good to go.
- Buyers will receive 30 pieces of free glue sticks.
- CCbetter has fantastic customer service. If you have any complaints, simply provide feedback and customer service will reach out to you for the resolution.
- The quality can be hit-and-miss. Theres a small chance that you will receive a lemon.
The CCbetter Upgraded Glue Gun is a good product to always have on hand whether you want to glue some Christmas decorations or need to glue some heavy-duty materials in your commercial project. It already comes with 30 pieces of glue sticks that will last you for many weeks or months.
It has a fast heating feature, so you dont have to wait for ten minutes or more to start gluing some materials. This can easily be one of the best glue guns for wood and other materials.
You dont need to purchase extra batteries as this is a corded glue gun. The downside is it is not portable, but on the positive side, you will have consistent power. Plus, it is one of the most affordable hot glue guns on the list.
- It has two settings. Use the 60W power setting for light arts and crafts materials. Use the 100W setting for wood and other heavy materials.
- It doesnt waste your time as it can heat up in just one to three minutes.
- It includes ten pieces of milk-white glue sticks. These are stronger than your regular transparent glue sticks.
- The box includes two rubber finger protectors and steel raspers.
- The metal stand is not as stable as you expect it to be.
- It doesnt have an on/off switch.
The Cobiz Hot Glue Gun is a good tool to have in your arsenal whether youre a weekend hobbyist or youre a professional. It heats up faster than most glue guns as it only takes a few minutes before you can push out hot melted glue from its nozzle.
This is a large glue gun with an adjustable power setting. It allows you to adjust wattage and subsequently, the amount of glue that will come out of the nozzle. Go for 60W if youre bonding light materials. Choose the 100W setting if youre gluing heavier materials like wood or glass.
The downside, however, is that it is rather pricey for a simple hot glue gun. Plus, it doesnt have an on/off safety switch.
Overall, however, this is one of the best blue guns for arts and crafts and other light applications.
- It has a fire-retardant body that protects your fingers from burns in case of accidents.
- It has an on and off switch. You dont have to pull the plug from the outlet when you need to take a break.
- This is a corded glue gun, so you dont need to look for and buy compatible batteries.
- It is a compact and portable glue gun.
- Regular glue sticks and colored glitter glue sticks are included.
- This is a mini hot glue gun, so it might not be suitable for commercial applications.
The Bluesmart Hot Glue Gun is the ideal product for DIY enthusiasts. This is a compact and portable glue gun that is perfect for small projects. Since it is compact, it can be used to glue beads, ribbons, and other tiny materials. You can even wiggle the nozzle into tight spaces. This is one of the best glue guns for arts and crafts and other light applications.
Its most notable feature is its fire-retardant body. Of course, nobody wants mishaps to happen. But in case of accidents, you can rest assured that it will not burn your hand.
The package comes with multiple plain and colored glue sticks. The downside is that it is a mini glue gun, so it is not ideal for heavy-duty applications.
- This is a portable cordless hot glue gun.
- It is powered by Ryobis long-lasting 4 amp battery.
- The trigger is larger than most glue guns have, ensuring greater control and less fatigue (useful if you have carpal tunnel syndrome).
- It has a rubber hand grip which prevents it from slipping from your hand while youre using it.
- The base is stable, and it has an LED indicator light to ensure your safety during operation.
- The lithium-ion battery is not included. You need to have a compatible battery at home or purchase it separately.
The Ryobi P305 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Hot Glue Gun is easily one of the best cordless glue guns in the market. It is also one of the best glue guns for wood and other tough materials. It is compact and portable, making it ideal for industrial or commercial projects where you wont have access to an electrical outlet.
The Ryobi Glue Gun is designed to be ergonomic. The rubber hand grip ensures that it wont slip from your hand while youre gluing wood, plastic, or beads to other materials. Plus it has a stable base even when the battery is already inserted.
My only gripe is that the package does not come with a battery. You need to have a battery at home or purchase a compatible Ryobi battery, so that might add up to the cost.
- This is a heavy-duty hot glue gun that is ideal for household and commercial projects.
- The lithium-ion batteries are included in the package.
- The nozzle is wrapped in a silicone sleeve so you wont burn your fingers when you accidentally touch it.
- It has a faster heating time.
- The glue gun has an ergonomic design with a non-slip rubber handle.
- The battery doesnt last long.
If youre going to work outdoors or if your work area doesnt have an electrical outlet, then the NEU Master Cordless Hot Glue Gun might be the product for you. This is a compact and portable glue gun with a battery and charger already included. It is also one of the best glue guns for wood and other tough materials.
This glue gun is ideal for commercial operation, although it can be used for your Saturday arts and crafts session with your friends or kids. Youll also love the on and off switch, as well as the LED light that ensures product safety.
The product is a bit more expensive than other products on the list. But keep in mind that it already includes the lithium-ion battery and charger, so its still a good deal. This can easily be one of the best cordless hot glue guns available in the market right now.
- It has a unique narrow nozzle for more precise operation.
- It has a built-in on and off switch, so theres no need to waste electricity or glue while youre away to do something else.
- The glue gun has two power settings: 60W and 100W. Use the 60w setting for light household projects. Use the 100w setting for faster heating and for gluing wood, ceramics, and other similar materials.
- It has a long 7-ft cord, so you can use it even when the electrical outlet is far from your work area.
- It comes with 12 glue sticks already, and it is compatible with Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks.
- The heater is too strong that the glue gun drips copious amounts of melted glue out of the nozzle all the time.
The Impact Tools Hot Glue Gun is one of the most polarizing products on the list. On one hand, it is one of the most unique and high-quality glue guns weve reviewed thus far thanks to its dual power settings, 7-ft long cord, and slim copper nozzle.
It even comes with 12 glue sticks and is compatible with other glue sticks sold on the market. It is more expensive than some of the other glue guns on the list, but thats fine because it has all the great features you need in a good hot glue gun.
On the other hand, the heater element seems to be overly strong as copious amounts of melted glue gush out of the nozzle when left unchecked. It also produces strings and strings of glue even if you have set it on low.
- It has a stable stand-up base so the nozzle is farther away from your work surface.
- This glue gun is available in 25W, 60W, and 100W versions.
- It already includes 12 pieces of glue sticks.
- Chandler Tool offers a lifetime warranty for this hot glue gun.
- The product is made in the United States and is UL-certified.
- If youre not careful, the molten glue will constantly drip out of the nozzle and might ruin your work surface.
The Chandler Tool Hot Glue Gun is a good choice for crafters, DIY enthusiasts, and professionals alike. Its design is a departure from your regular hot glue guns thanks to its longer, more ergonomic handle and stable base.
This glue gun is available in 25W, 60W, and 100W versions, so you can choose which is suitable for your needs. The 25W and 60W versions are ideal for light household and arts and crafts projects. But if you need a heavy-duty hot glue gun for commercial projects, then the 100W version might be ideal for your needs.
Its locally made so its a little pricey than hot glue guns manufactured overseas. But if you dont want to skimp on quality, then this might be the hot glue gun for hobbyists or professionals alike.
And the best hot glue gun on the market is CCbetter Upgraded Glue Gun.
So, what makes CCbetter Upgraded Glue Gun the best product in this review?
Although this is a 20W glue gun, it heats up quicker than its rivals. You dont need to wait 8 or 10 minutes just to get its heating element to start and melt glue. All you need is 5 minutes or less and you can use the glue gun to bond anything and everything you want.
It also has everything you need in a good hot glue gun. It has an on/off switch and LED light indicator for safety, as well as an insulated nozzle to protect your fingers from burns.
The metal stand at the front is just the right height. This is the right height to protect your work surface from damage.
The package already contains a whopping 30 pieces of glue sticks. Imagine that. If youre working in a profession that requires heavy use of glue guns, chances are its going to take months or even weeks before you can go through all 30 pieces of glue sticks. You might even have a lifetime supply if youre only a hobbyist or a weekend warrior.
This is also a corded glue gun, so you dont need to worry about finding a compatible battery for the unit. Its not as portable as cordless hot glue guns, but if youre going to work indoors anyway, then it will do.
This is one of the most recommended glue guns online, but it is still affordable. There is no doubt that when it comes to quality and price, this is the best glue gun in the market.
I hope that this article has helped you choose the best hot glue gun for your next project. Happy shopping!
The post 7 Best Hot Glue Guns [2020 Review] appeared first on Home Remodeling Contractors | Sebring Design Build.